LOOKING FOR A JOB IN SINGAPORE? WATCH THIS!!
Hey guys!! Welcome to my channel my name is Eve and welcome to another episode of HOW TO in Singapore. In this playlist I will share with you my tips, tricks, and hacks about living inSsingapore and anything fun in between.
In today's video let me share with you my thoughts on :
• Have you ever thought if it is easy for foreigners living outside of Singapore, to get a job here?
The answer is… it is not easy it has never been easy and it will never be, this is to protect its local workforce from unemployment and rising number of competition between locals and foreign workers., although Singapore has a demand for foreign workers, that would be for a specific type of skills or industries.
Now let’s discuss the hiring process of a local company has to go through involving a foreign talent.
If you notice when you’re checking jobs online most posting state only for Singapore and and PR this is to prioritize local residents and citizens of Singapore, plus the fact that the foreign talents are control by ministry of manpower.
What is MOM? is a ministry of the Government of Singapore which is responsible for the formulation and implementation of Labour policies related to the workforce in Singapore.
Now going back to the hiring procedure, a local companies has to comply with all the regulations on hiring foreign workers. In Singapore companies cannot just hire foreign workers right away.
1. Minimum CPF contribution is required before hiring FW.
2. The company needs to Calculate foreign worker Qouta let me show you a demonstration on this , ----
3. Foreign Levy – as I have mentioned in my previous video, companies in Singapore has to pay a foreign worker levy to Singapore government for hiring foreigner. The Levy rate will be depending on the tier or level, like level 1 for Malaysian worker levey rate is at 400, level 2 is 600 and so on, now Spass ha a higher Levey roughly around 600 to 800 depending on the level.
4. Submit work pass application online to Ministry of manpower for approval , in this stage your application can be either pass or denied, nobody can help you, MOM is the BOSS.
5. Moving forward once work pass application has been approved your employer has to get you an insurance , WICA or also known as Work injury compensation act that will cover your injury during working hour.
Now let’s proceed to give you some tips how to apply for a job :
1. Create a professional type of CV, a looking professional photo & email address and a cover letter, limit the number of pages to at least 1 to 2 pages.
2. While you are away from Singapore, start sending you CV on various job search online, that way you can set up a meeting before flying in. like monster.com, jobstreet, jobsdb etc.
3. Make sure that the position you are applying for matches your skills to avoid wasting time and effort
4. Practice for possible interview questions and responses.
5. You can also look for manpower agencies that can help you find job, just be aware that not all agencies are legit, some of them are just trying to get some cash from you.
6. Do not be choosy or boastful if you got a job offer, jump in and work your way up., remember there’s a lot of fishes in the sea waiting to be caught, not just you!
Thank you for staying with me , if you enjoy this video please give it a massive thumbs up, share it to your friends and relatives, Hit subscribe if you haven’t already, leave your comment if you have suggestion what to discuss on my next How to in singapore video, & I’ll see you next time! Bye!!!
Link for Qouta computation
IS IT EASY FOR FOREIGNER LIVING OUTSIDE SINGAPORE TO FIND A JOB INTHE COUNTRY? | THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IN HIRING FOREIGN WORKERS IN SINGAPORE | SINGAPORE HIRING PROCESS | HIRING PROCEDURES | THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB IN SINGAPORE | JOB HUNTING IN SINGAPORE? |THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN LOOKING FOR A JOB IN SINGAPORE| LOOKING FOR A JOB IN SINGAPORE? THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW|LOOKING FOR A JOB IN SINGAPORE? WATCH THIS!!