https://www.hirekogolf.com - Have fun and learn how to assemble a custom golf club, while getting started In custom golf clubmaking in just a few short minutes. This is the second video in our Basic Golf Clubmaking series of easy to understand and step-by-step golf clubmaking videos taught by Hireko Golf's Technical Director Jeff Summitt.
View Part 1 of the Basic Golf Clubmaking Series: Getting Started in Clubmaking here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GYR51VYNk
Jeff will walk you through all the basic steps required and show you what you will need to assemble your first golf club from golf components. The benefits of assembling your own golf clubs are many from the financial rewards to being able to match the components and their specifications specifically to your swing characteristics, naturally lowering your scores. In addition, assembling golf clubs from components in a great new hobby that not only you can enjoy and perfect throughout your lifetime, but can potentially become profitable as well.
Contents of this second video will teach you proper pre-assembly techniques. It is always a wise practice to check the fit of the head and shaft prior to building your golf club. This is especially true if the shaft being installed is a graphite shaft as often times the paint on the graphite shaft will cause the tip diameter of the shaft to be too large to fit into the bore of the head. In such cases, the paint (or chrome on a steel shaft) will be removed in the shaft abrasion step curing this problem as well as providing an adequate suface for the epoxy to bond to..
Basic tools needed for the "How To Assemble a Custom Golf Club" series include:
- Bench Vise
- Vinyl Shaft Clamp such as Hireko's model #RAVC shown here:
- 48" Ruler such as Hireko's model #MIT025 shown here:
- Tubing Cutter
- Rod Saw blade such as Hireko's model #GG12-50T buy here:
- Sandpaper (Course 80-110 grit, Medium 150-180 grit)
- Utility Knife with hooked knife blades such as Hireko's model #MIT051 shown here :
- Golf Ferrule Installation Tool such as Hireko's model #FBLOCK shown here:
- Catch Basin
and materials you will need:
- A 24-hour, high strength Golf Shafting Epoxy such as Hireko's model #EP05 shown here :http://www.hirekogolf.com/24-hour-epoxy-1-0oz-tube.html
- Masking Tape
- Two-Way Golf Grip Tape such as Hireko's model #PIP shown here:
- Felt Tip Marker
- Golf Grip Solvent such as Hireko's model #SV02 shown here:
- Paper Towels
- Golf Ferrules such as the models shown here:
- 000 Steel Wool
For more detailed information on golf clubmaking, refer to Jeff Summitt's best-selling book, "The Modern Guide to Golf Clubmaking" shown here
Hireko Golf is your #1 source for custom golf clubs, golf components, golf clubmaking tools, supplies, and technical knowledge. To download Hireko Golf Equipment's 172 page catalog go here http://www.hirekogolf.com/index.php/download-hireko-golf-catalog.
Also, Hireko has the lowest price on all branded shafts & grips it carries! Details here:
http://www.hirekogolf.com/index.php/price-match-guarantee. We are a full line distributor of True Temper, SK Fiber, Apollo, Aldila, UST, FST, KBS, Project X and Grafalloy shafts and Golf Pride, Lamkin, Winn, Black Widow, UST and SuperStroke grips at the lowest prices possible online.
For all your golf clubmaking needs visit http://www.hirekogolf.com for the lowest prices and best selection.