JOB INTERVIEW AT ORACLE.
QUESTION AND ANSWERS VIDEO BY Placement Boat.
Tips and Suggestion by : Simran Kaur
Name : Simran Kaur
Educational Qualification:- IT Engineer.
Placed at Oracle for a package of 8 lakh per annum.
What is Oracle?
Oracle is an American Database Management System company. Besides DBMS, it also deals with other areas of software industry like Supply-Chain management, Price-Resource planning and other Central development areas.
What was the selection procedure?
1.The selection procedure started off with an online MCQ that consisted of several sections like aptitude, algorithms and verbal ability. Each section had a time limit. So, it is important to be fast and take care of the time. Accuracy matters more in such rounds rather than attempting all questions.
The questions were mainly from C++, Database management, Data structure. These are the core areas that must be practiced. Also, Operating systems, Designing and analysis are the areas from which MCQs were asked. Besides, logical reasoning and aptitude were areas from which questions were asked.
After that 50 students were shortlisted for the 2nd round.
2. The second round was the programming round where 2 questions were asked to be done in 1 hour. This round was to judge the student as to how they handled any situation, which has some effect on the selection process.
3. The third round consisted of the Personal Interview. There were 4 rounds in the PI. The 1st round had 2 questions from programming and design each.concerns and general questions about cars. The interviewers were really helpful, once they know the thinking process of the student.
The 2nd round was about my project that I had done. One needs to be thoroughly confident about the resume that he/she submits.
The 3rd round was mainly an HR round which asked about the strengths and weaknesses.
The 4th or last round consisted of few logical puzzles that can be practiced online from any site. They also asked a design question and few programming and data structure questions.
Tips and suggestions for upcoming aspirants:-
1. GeeksForGeeks website which is vey good for online quizzes and concepts. Anything can be practiced there.
2. R.S. Aggarwal is a very good book for aptitude.
3. All textual books recommended in colleges are good enough for understanding and knowledge.
4. Resume should be to the point and one should be thorough with it.